Aoraki/ Mt Cook Ultimate
An Aoraki/ Mt Cook helicopter tour beyond comparison:
- Fly around the summit of New Zealand’s highest mountain
- Experience a landing on the Tasman Glacier
- View blue ice, hanging glaciers and the West Coast
- See icebergs on the Tasman Terminal Lake
This flight is the ultimate way to view Aoraki/ Mt Cook and the spectacular surrounding National Park.
Flying around the top of Aoraki/Mt Cook viewing the unbelievable scenery that unfolds from the top of New Zealand’s highest peak.
Combine this with landing on the Tasman Glacier and experiencing the “natural silence” of this very special place with so much to offer, hanging glaciers, rivers of ice and views of the incredible West Coast and Tasman Sea.
Flying over the carved icebergs of the Tasman Terminal Lake on your return flight you will have experienced Aoraki/Mt Cook at its finest.
Life doesn’t get any better than this!
*This flight departs from Aoraki/Mt Cook Airport
• Season appropriate clothing
• Please wear closed toed shoes
• All prices quoted are valid until 30th September 2019.
• Prices are quoted per person in NZ currency. They are inclusive of GST
• A minimum of two passengers are required for all Heliworks Queenstown scenic flights.
• Private Flight - We can make any of our standard scenic flights a private flight but we would require that you pay for 3 seats in our EC120 or 5 seats in our AS350 Squirrel for us to guarantee this.
• 48 hours notice must be given for cancellations otherwise a 50% charge will be required.
• Flights depart on demand and are subject to availability.
• Flights depart from either our base in Queenstown or Aoraki/Mt Cook - please check the base location of your flight when booking.
• Infants 3 and under are free of charge and are required to sit on an adults knee. Children 4-12 years of age are 70% of the full adult fare.
• Children must be accompanied by a full fare paying adult.
• For the purpose of aircraft weight and balance and in accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority rules and regulations, we require all passenger weights at the time of booking. Once we have received and reviewed this information we will be able to confirm the booking.
• We reserve the right to change prices at any time without further notice. However, if we have confirmed an advance booking the quoted price will not be altered.
• We accept EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard, China UnionPay, AliPay and cash.
• We retain the right to charge a credit card surcharge on all transactions.
• For exclusive charter/group bookings we may require a 10% deposit to confirm. Any deposits are deducted from final payments and are not an additional charge. All deposits are NON REFUNDABLE from the time of payment unless a flight is cancelled due to weather conditions on the day.
"This trip was too awesome for words! We were lucky that it snowed in the Mt Cook area the night before we took our flight so there was so much fresh snow on all the surrounding mountains, plus the glacier.
I felt so safe with the team, we went through all the safety information and the pilot was constantly in touch with the office to let them know our position. I could not rate this company or this experience highly enough!
~ Trip Advisor
"We had the experience of a lifetime by flying around Mt Cook, over the Fox Glacier, Franz Josef Glacier and then we landed on Tasman Glacier. I can’t put into words how amazing the scenery was or how excited my children were. If you have the opportunity to do this ever then just do it. If I come back to NZ this will be a must do. The pilot was awesome."
~ Trip Advisor