Best of the Lord of the Rings
The Ultimate Lord of the Rings Helicopter Experience:
- View key Lord of the Rings locations
- Historic Skippers Canyon and The Remarkables Mountains
- Iconic Milford Sound
- High alpine lake and glacier landings – subject to weather
- Sutherland Falls – the second highest waterfall in Fiordland National Park
- 1x exclusive landing site to Heliworks – Earnslaw Burn
- See the blue ice of the hanging glacier and an immense wall of waterfalls
The ultimate New Zealand Lord of the Rings tour for true Lord of the Rings fans – a flight through J.R.R. Tolkien’s imagination and Peter Jackson’s movie-making awaits you.
This 3 hour helicopter trip takes you deep into Isengard, across the Misty Mountains and to the Ford of Bruinen.
The sights of the Wakatipu and Fiordland areas which so enthralled millions of movie-goers unfold in front of you, and the flight also includes the beauty of the 680m-high Sutherland Falls and the majesty of Milford Sound.
This experience includes several landings depending on weather conditions.
Queenstown & The Remarkables Mountain Range
12 Mile Delta
Te Anau Downs
West Coast beaches
Ford of Bruinen
• Season appropriate clothing
• Please wear closed toed shoes
• All prices quoted are valid until 30th September 2021.
• Prices are quoted per person in NZ currency. They are inclusive of GST
• A minimum of two passengers are required for all Heliworks Queenstown scenic flights.
• Private Flight - We can make any of our standard scenic flights a private flight, please contact us for pricing.
• 24 hours notice must be given for cancellations otherwise a 50% charge will be required.
• Flights depart on demand and are subject to availability.
• Flights depart from either our base in Queenstown.
• Infants 3 and under are free of charge and are required to sit on an adults knee. Children 4-11 years of age are 70% of the full adult fare.
• Children must be accompanied by a full fare paying adult.
• For the purpose of aircraft weight and balance and in accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority rules and regulations, we require all passenger weights at the time of booking. Once we have received and reviewed this information we will be able to confirm the booking.
• We reserve the right to change prices at any time without further notice. However, if we have confirmed an advance booking the quoted price will not be altered.
• We accept EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard, AliPay and cash.
• We retain the right to charge a credit card surcharge on all transactions.
"We splurged and did the 3.5 hours tour that hit all the major attractions like the Milford Sound etc. We actually landed on a glacier and got out. Our pilot Dave was excellent and had fun behind the scenes info. We landed at 4 other LOTR sites too because the weather was perfect. I highly recommend this tour if you're a LOTR fan!"
~ TA 2017
Excellent tour! We had originally signed up for another type of tour, but the wonderful people at Heliworks let us know that weather was going to be a problem on that day, so they rescheduled us for this tour. Matt was our excellent and knowledgeable pilot pointing out different geology and geographic along the way. We had 3 landings and all 3 were incompletely different areas. I cannot say enough about this company from the welcoming front office staff to our flight with Matt. What an incredible experience! I highly recommend this Heliworks!
~ TA 2018
We did everything. Milford sound, earnslaw, glacier, and an alpine landing. It was the lord of the rings tour and it was worth every penny. If you are on the fence just do it. I will say that the Earnslaw Burn is quite amazing. Make sure you get a tour that you land here. They are the only company allowed to land there. We actually couldn’t fly the first day (weather)of our tour but Tori did such a great job accommodating us and found a solution. This was the highlight of our trip.
~ TA 2019