Catch & Cook
A unique day of discovery with Heliworks.
Scenic Fiordland helicopter tour with fresh crayfish lunch.
(Includes Milford Sound, Earnslaw Burn and Mt Nicholas Station)
- Visit Doubtful Sound – the second longest fiord in New Zealand
- View iconic Milford Sound
- High alpine lake and glacier landings – subject to weather
- Sutherland Falls – the second highest waterfall in Fiordland National Park
- An exclusive landing site which only Heliworks can visit
- Earnslaw Burn – see blue ice, a hanging glacier and an immense wall of waterfalls
- Fresh Crayfish Lunch/Early Dinner at a charming historic rustic farm cottage on Mt Nicholas Station
Depart Queenstown on a day of discovery of World Heritage Fiordland National Park.The first leg of your adventure will take you past the Von Valley and Lake Manapouri over to Lake Norwest. Enjoy a heli landing at this stunning high alpine lake before heading to Mt Elizabeth. Here you will be able to enjoy another scenic alpine landing to have a photo opportunity of the remote and remarkable Doubtful Sound. This Fiord is less visited than its more popular counterpart Milford Sound but we think that makes it even more special!
Next you will fly north along the Southern Alps mountains, past native rainforest covered valleys and magnificent alpine peaks to Poison Bay and scenic Lake Quill, the source of the Sutherland Falls.
Continue up and past the iconic Milford Sound to view famous Mitre Peak as you make your way across to the spectacular Earnslaw Burn, a location exclusive to Heliworks.
Here you can take in the beauty and serenity of Mt Earnslaw’s blue ice and hanging glacier and cascading wall of waterfalls.
Then head to the Old Nicholas Cottage on Mt Nicholas high country station.
Here you can take time out to relax in the unequalled ambience and enjoy a fresh crayfish lunch, accompanied by a fine bottle of New Zealand wine or bubbles.
On your return flight back to Queenstown via Lake Wakatipu you will be left dwelling on all that can be discovered in the incredible Southern Lakes and Fiordland region!
Season appropriate clothing
Please wear closed toed shoes
• All prices quoted are valid until 30th September 2022.
• Prices are quoted per person in NZ currency. They are inclusive of GST
• A minimum of two passengers are required for most scenic flights.
• Private Flight - We can make any of our standard scenic flights a private flight, please contact us for pricing.
• Any cancellations made within 24 hours of departure will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
• In the event of COVID-19 restrictions, we will reschedule your booking, or if we cannot operate and as a result, passengers are unable to fly, no cancellation fees will apply.
• Flights depart on demand and are subject to availability.
• Flights depart from either our base in Queenstown.
• Infants 3 and under are free of charge and are required to sit on an adults knee. Children 4-11 years of age are 70% of the full adult fare.
• Children must be accompanied by a full fare paying adult.
• For the purpose of aircraft weight and balance and in accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority rules and regulations, we require all passenger weights at the time of booking. Once we have received and reviewed this information we will be able to confirm the booking.
• We reserve the right to change prices at any time without further notice. However, if we have confirmed an advance booking the quoted price will not be altered.
• We accept EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard, AliPay and cash.
• We retain the right to charge a credit card surcharge on all transactions.