The Earnslaw Burn Ultimate Paradise Picnic Heli Experience:
Locally made picnic beneath the hanging glacier
Heliworks is the only company permitted to land at Earnslaw Burn
Ariel views over the Wakatipu basin
Your ears fill with the rush of waterfalls, your eyes feast on the dazzling glacier hanging above you, your nose enjoys the fragrant, local wine in your glass.
All other picnics pale in comparison to this one.
The perfect romantic trip for proposals, honeymooners and anniversaries, or for those wanting an unforgettable experience, this excursion lets you enjoy the magic of the Earnslaw Burn up close and personal. As the only company permitted to land here, and made famous by the LOTR/The Hobbit trilogies, this location is our favourite for several very good reasons.
*There are fewer waterfalls in the winter months, but the glacier becomes more immense and spectacular with snowfall,so it is a magical place all year round.
Private Charter Pricing
We have private charter rates available for our Squirrel helicopters, our twin-engine Squirrels and our 9-seater BK. Charters are a great option for bigger groups, or if you would like a more intimate experience.
• All prices quoted are valid until 30th September 2023.
• Prices are quoted per person in NZ currency. They are inclusive of GST.
• A minimum of two passengers are required for most scenic flights.
• We can make any of our standard scenic flights a private flight, please contact us for pricing.
• Any cancellations made within 24 hours of departure will incur a 50% cancellation fee. If passengers ‘no-show’ for a flight, 100% of the fare will apply. If we cannot operate due to weather and as a result, passengers are unable to fly, no cancellation fees will apply.
• In the event of COVID-19 restrictions, we will reschedule your booking, or if we cannot operate and as a result, passengers are unable to fly, no cancellation fees will apply.
• Flights depart on demand and are subject to availability.
• Flights depart from either our base in Queenstown.
• Infants 3 and under are free of charge. Children 4-11 years of age are 70% of the full adult fare.
• Children must be accompanied by a full fare paying adult.
• For the purpose of aircraft weight and balance and in accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority rules and regulations, we require all passenger weights at the time of booking. Once we have received and reviewed this information we will be able to confirm the booking.
• We reserve the right to change prices at any time without further notice. However, if we have confirmed an advance booking the quoted price will not be altered.
• We accept EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard and cash.
• We retain the right to charge a credit card surcharge on all transactions.
"This is the highlight of my trip in Queenstown, New Zealand!
I’ve never been to a place that is so surreal! Super amazing!!!"
"We splurged on this private picnic to Earnslaw Burn and it was nothing short of life changing. We had more than enough time to soak everything in and it was just unbelievable to have this jewel of a place all to ourselves. During our time there it seemed as if time stood still and we were in our own little world. Our pilot Mark was beyond awesome and the food and wine provided was so darn good. If there's a heaven on earth, this place is probably it."