Fiordland’s Finest & Mt Nicholas Station Hike
Fiordland’s Finest Helicopter Tour & Private Hike through Mt Nicholas Station. (Includes lunch & water taxi)
- Views of iconic Milford Sound
- High alpine lake and glacier landings – subject to weather
- Sutherland Falls – the second highest waterfall in Fiordland National Park
- 2x exclusive landing sites to Heliworks
- Earnslaw Burn – blue ice, hanging glacier and a wall of waterfalls
- Farm tour with a knowledgeable guide
- Gourmet Picnic Lunch
- Boat ride across Lake Wakatipu
Depart Queenstown across the Richardson Mountain Range for the spectacular Earnslaw Burn, a location made famous by LOTR/The Hobbit and featured on TV’s Travel Guides. Here the helicopter will land on the valley floor so you can take in the views of Mt Earnslaw’s blue ice hanging glacier and cascading waterfalls.
From here your flight will head over the native forests of the Hollyford Valley towards Mt Tutoko, the highest peak in Fiordland.
Then continue up and over Milford Sound itself to a rugged West Coast beach. Get a bird’s eye view of this spectacular and isolated coastline.
Finally your helicopter flight will take you along past the Sutherland Falls and head towards Mt Nicholas High Country Station. This is another landing location, exclusive to Heliworks.
The helicopter will land here and you will meet your knowledgeable local guide to embark on a privately guided hike at this stunning location. Enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch stop while your guide tells you the farming history of the area.
After your hike a private water taxi will collect you from Mt Nicholas Station to return you to Queenstown across Lake Wakatipu.
EC120B $7,650.00 inc GST (1-4 people inclusive)
AS350 Squirrel $9,500.00 inc GST (1-6 people inclusive)
Pricing valid valid 01.10.19-30.09.20
• Footwear – tramping/hiking boots
• Outer layers appropriate to the conditions on the day
• Next to Skin – Thermals and a fleece
• Small day pack
• Sun Hat
• All prices quoted are valid until 30th September 2020.
• Prices are quoted per person in NZ currency. They are inclusive of GST
• A minimum of two passengers are required for all Heliworks Queenstown scenic flights.
• Private Flight - We can make any of our standard scenic flights a private flight but we would require that you pay for 3 seats in our EC120 or 5 seats in our AS350 Squirrel for us to guarantee this.
• 48 hours notice must be given for cancellations otherwise a 50% charge will be required.
• Flights depart on demand and are subject to availability.
• Flights depart from either our base in Queenstown or Aoraki/Mt Cook - please check the base location of your flight when booking.
• Infants 3 and under are free of charge and are required to sit on an adults knee. Children 4-12 years of age are 70% of the full adult fare.
• Children must be accompanied by a full fare paying adult.
• For the purpose of aircraft weight and balance and in accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority rules and regulations, we require all passenger weights at the time of booking. Once we have received and reviewed this information we will be able to confirm the booking.
• We reserve the right to change prices at any time without further notice. However, if we have confirmed an advance booking the quoted price will not be altered.
• We accept EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard, China UnionPay, AliPay and cash.
• We retain the right to charge a credit card surcharge on all transactions.
• For exclusive charter/group bookings we may require a 10% deposit to confirm. Any deposits are deducted from final payments and are not an additional charge. All deposits are NON REFUNDABLE from the time of payment unless a flight is cancelled due to weather conditions on the day.
"We wanted to arrange our own itinerary and from the moment we arrived and spoke to Geet at Reception we knew our must do things would be ticked off.
Our pilot Davey was a delight and our flight was filled with interesting information and history. The scenery was breathtaking. It's the only way to begin to appreciate the beauty and grandeur of the mountains.
I have no hesitation in recommending Heliworks. We got what we asked for and more.
~ Trip Advisor