Flight to the Ford
Lord of The Rings Locations Helicopter Tour:
- View spectacular Lord of the Rings locations
- Misty Mountains, Dimrill Dale, Moria, Amon Hen, Ilithien Camp
- River Bruinen – Flight to the Ford and River Anduin
- Views of The Remarkables and Skippers Canyon
A fantastic introduction to Middle Earth.
Departing from Queenstown Airport your helicopter tour takes you towards the steep ridges of the Misty Mountains.
Climbing ever higher the first stop is the Dimrill Dale, lying between two great arms of the mountains. This valley marks the western door of the great Gates of Khazad-dum (Moria) and Mirrormere, source of the River Silverlode.
Then continue across Lake Wakatipu (Nen Hithoel) to fly over Amon Hen, scene of the Breaking of the Fellowship. Excellent views can be obtained of the forest where Lurtz fought his final battle against Aragorn, Boromir, Legolas and Gimli.
You will also see the site of the Ilithien camp where Frodo and Sam hid from the battle and first saw the Oliphants.
Heading now towards the River Bruinen, you see the Ford, scene of the desperate encounter between Arwen and the Black Riders. Homeward bound, to your left can be seen glimpses of the River Anduin (location of the Gates of Argonath) before landing
$560.0pp valid 01.10.19-30.09.20
• Season appropriate clothing
• All prices quoted are valid until 30th September 2019.
• Prices are quoted per person in NZ currency. They are inclusive of GST
• A minimum of two passengers are required for all Heliworks Queenstown scenic flights.
• Private Flight - We can make any of our standard scenic flights a private flight but we would require that you pay for 3 seats in our EC120 or 5 seats in our AS350 Squirrel for us to guarantee this.
• 48 hours notice must be given for cancellations otherwise a 50% charge will be required.
• Flights depart on demand and are subject to availability.
• Flights depart from either our base in Queenstown or Aoraki/Mt Cook - please check the base location of your flight when booking.
• Infants 3 and under are free of charge and are required to sit on an adults knee. Children 4-12 years of age are 70% of the full adult fare.
• Children must be accompanied by a full fare paying adult.
• For the purpose of aircraft weight and balance and in accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority rules and regulations, we require all passenger weights at the time of booking. Once we have received and reviewed this information we will be able to confirm the booking.
• We reserve the right to change prices at any time without further notice. However, if we have confirmed an advance booking the quoted price will not be altered.
• We accept EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard, China UnionPay, AliPay and cash.
• We retain the right to charge a credit card surcharge on all transactions.
• For exclusive charter/group bookings we may require a 10% deposit to confirm. Any deposits are deducted from final payments and are not an additional charge. All deposits are NON REFUNDABLE from the time of payment unless a flight is cancelled due to weather conditions on the day.
" We chose well. Dave, our pilot was friendly and engaging. His local knowledge was top class. The flight was well executed and his skill level was great. We did the 'lord of the rings' trip and it just blew us away, the choice of landing spot was perfect."
~ Trip Advisor