Kurt joined Heliworks in 2018 after 6 years in the highlands of Papua New Guinea on extensive longline operations.
Before that he split his time between Northern Canada on longline operations/mineral exploration and the West Coast of New Zealand on scenic flights.
Kurt has 18 years flight experience, with 6,700+ helicopter hours. His experience includes:
- 1,700 hours in Multi Engine Helicopters
- 2 seasons in Canada and over 7 years in Papua New Guinea
- Arctic experience in Northern Canada, snow and flat light experience.
- “B” Cat Flight Instructor
- Check and Training Pilot in Papua New Guinea
- Longline Operation up to 250 ft lines
- Heliski Operations
- Frost Fighting
- Medivac and SAR operations. NVG Rated.
- Aerial photography and filming