Milford Sound Overhead
See Milford Sound and experience a glacier landing:
- Get a bird’s eye view of iconic Milford Sound
- Experience landing on a pristine glacier
- Fly over remote, high alpine lakes and waterfalls
There is no better way to see Milford Sound than by helicopter.
Lift off from the Heliworks hangar and see the Wakatipu basin unfold in front of you as you climb up and over Queenstown itself before crossing the Richardson Mountains on your way to Milford Sound.
The Dart and Rees rivers meet at the head of Lake Wakatipu to the North and the Greenstone and Caples valleys, famous for their back country fishing, to the South.
Fly over the forested Hollyford valley and enjoy views of numerous alpine lakes before heading to the Ngapunatoru Plateau for a glacier landing.
There will be time for photos and even some snowballs!
Return to Queenstown over the Humboldt Mountains and enjoy a second scenic landing with either spectacular lake views or a distinctly glacial vista!
$1140.00pp valid 01.10.20-30.09.21
• Season appropriate clothing
• Please wear closed toed shoes
• All prices quoted are valid until 30th September 2020.
• Prices are quoted per person in NZ currency. They are inclusive of GST
• A minimum of two passengers are required for all Heliworks Queenstown scenic flights.
• Private Flight - We can make any of our standard scenic flights a private flight but we would require that you pay for 3 seats in our EC120 or 5 seats in our AS350 Squirrel for us to guarantee this.
• 48 hours notice must be given for cancellations otherwise a 50% charge will be required.
• Flights depart on demand and are subject to availability.
• Flights depart from either our base in Queenstown or Aoraki/Mt Cook - please check the base location of your flight when booking.
• Infants 3 and under are free of charge and are required to sit on an adults knee. Children 4-12 years of age are 70% of the full adult fare.
• Children must be accompanied by a full fare paying adult.
• For the purpose of aircraft weight and balance and in accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority rules and regulations, we require all passenger weights at the time of booking. Once we have received and reviewed this information we will be able to confirm the booking.
• We reserve the right to change prices at any time without further notice. However, if we have confirmed an advance booking the quoted price will not be altered.
• We accept EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard, China UnionPay, AliPay and cash.
• We retain the right to charge a credit card surcharge on all transactions.
• For exclusive charter/group bookings we may require a 10% deposit to confirm. Any deposits are deducted from final payments and are not an additional charge. All deposits are NON REFUNDABLE from the time of payment unless a flight is cancelled due to weather conditions on the day.
"The most amazing experience and a bucket list check-off! Experienced pilots and scenic wonder that will leave you speechless."