Milford Sound Express
See Milford Sound and experience an alpine landing:
- Get a bird’s eye view of iconic Milford Sound
- Experience an alpine landing
- Fly over remote, high alpine lakes and waterfalls
There is no better way to see Milford Sound than by helicopter.
Lift off from the Heliworks hangar and see the Wakatipu basin unfold in front of you as you climb up and over Queenstown itself before crossing the Richardson Mountains on your way to Milford Sound.
The Dart and Rees rivers meet at the head of Lake Wakatipu to the North and the Greenstone and Caples valleys, famous for their back country fishing, to the South.
Fly over the forested Hollyford valley and enjoy views of numerous alpine lakes before enjoying an alpine landing.
Private Charter Pricing
We have private charter rates available for our Squirrel helicopters, our twin-engine Squirrels and our 9-seater BK. Charters are a great option for bigger groups, or if you would like a more intimate experience.
Find out more about our fleet here.
Pricing: 1 October 2023 – 30 September 2024
Shared with others
Adult (12+): $1,090pp
Child (3 – 11): $765pp
Infant (0-2): $545pp
- Squirrel (up to 6 passengers depending on weights): $5,450
- Airbus H130 (up to 6 passengers depending on weights): $6,540
- Twin-engine Squirrel (up to 6 passengers depending on weights): $6,540
- BK (up to 9 passengers depending on weights): $8,720
• Season appropriate clothing
• Please wear closed toed shoes
• All prices quoted are valid until 30th September 2024.
• Prices are quoted per person in NZ currency. They are inclusive of GST.
• A minimum of two passengers are required for most scenic flights.
• Any cancellations made within 24 hours of departure will incur a 50% cancellation fee. If passengers ‘no-show’ for a flight, 100% of the fare will apply. If we cannot operate due to weather and as a result, passengers are unable to fly, no cancellation fees will apply.
• Flights depart on demand and are subject to availability.
• Flights depart from our base in Queenstown.
• Children and infants must be accompanied by a full fare paying adult.
• For the purpose of aircraft weight and balance and in accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority rules and regulations, we require all passenger weights at the time of booking. Once we have received and reviewed this information we will be able to confirm the booking.
• We reserve the right to change prices at any time without further notice. However, if we have confirmed an advance booking the quoted price will not be altered.
• We accept EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard and cash.
• A 2% surcharge will apply to all credit and contactless transactions. There is no surcharge for EFTPOS or debit cards that are inserted or swiped.
"The most amazing experience and a bucket list check-off! Experienced pilots and scenic wonder that will leave you speechless."