Aoraki/Mt Cook Glacier Encounter
Experience a Helicopter Glacier Landing with Heliworks:
- Views of NZ’s highest mountain – Aoraki/Mt Cook
- Landing on Tasman Glacier
- See blue ice and hanging glaciers
Experience an unforgettable glacier landing in this stunning and pristine mountain environment.
Enjoy a scenic helicopter flight over the Tasman Terminal Lake; pass by the Horchstetter Icefall before landing on the blue ice and moraine rocks of the Tasman Glacier.
Encounter the incredible vistas of Aoraki/ Mt Cook National Park, with scenery beyond expectation!
*This flight departs from Aoraki/ Mt Cook Airport
• Season appropriate clothing
• Please wear closed toed shoes for your glacier landing
• All prices quoted are valid until 30th September 2019.
• Prices are quoted per person in NZ currency. They are inclusive of GST
• A minimum of two passengers are required for all Heliworks Queenstown scenic flights.
• Private Flight - We can make any of our standard scenic flights a private flight but we would require that you pay for 3 seats in our EC120 or 5 seats in our AS350 Squirrel for us to guarantee this.
• 48 hours notice must be given for cancellations otherwise a 50% charge will be required.
• Flights depart on demand and are subject to availability.
• Flights depart from either our base in Queenstown or Aoraki/Mt Cook - please check the base location of your flight when booking.
• Infants 3 and under are free of charge and are required to sit on an adults knee. Children 4-12 years of age are 70% of the full adult fare.
• Children must be accompanied by a full fare paying adult.
• For the purpose of aircraft weight and balance and in accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority rules and regulations, we require all passenger weights at the time of booking. Once we have received and reviewed this information we will be able to confirm the booking.
• We reserve the right to change prices at any time without further notice. However, if we have confirmed an advance booking the quoted price will not be altered.
• We accept EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard, China UnionPay, AliPay and cash.
• We retain the right to charge a credit card surcharge on all transactions.
• For exclusive charter/group bookings we may require a 10% deposit to confirm. Any deposits are deducted from final payments and are not an additional charge. All deposits are NON REFUNDABLE from the time of payment unless a flight is cancelled due to weather conditions on the day.
"We flew up to Mount Cook/Aoraki with pilot Justin, and it was INCREDIBLE! Amazing views, super nice and professional pilot, we would do this flight again and again. Thanks so much, heliworks."
~ Trip Advisor
"I can not speak highly enough of the staff and pilot Mark Hayes. The experience itself is almost beyond description - walking on squeaky pristine snow surrounded by unbelievable beauty and grandeur but Mark and the staff went out of their way to make this an epic event.
I was lucky to get beautiful weather and lots of photographs that will allow me to re-live this experience long into the future. A first-class service that I totally recommend."
~ Trip Advisor