A Great Introductory Queenstown Helicopter Tour:
- Amazing Bird’s Eye view of Queenstown
- Views of the historic Skippers Canyon
- Views of The Remarkables Mountain Range
The perfect way to see the highlights of this spectacular area and its’ most iconic sites.
Lift off across Lake Wakatipu to Cecil Peak and enjoy a helicopter landing with spectacular views of Queenstown and Lake Wakatipu. Your helicopter will shut down here so you can enjoy this spectacular vista in pure peace.
Continue your helicopter flight past Queenstown itself and over Ben Lomond into Moonlight Creek and the famous Skippers Canyon. This area is steeped in the rich history of gold mining and is best viewed from the air.
See the renowned Shotover River winding beneath you through the steep canyon walls as your pilot points out some of the key sites and settlements remaining from the gold rush era.
Returning to our Queenstown heli base we will fly past Coronet Peak, with views of the skifield and the Wakatipu basin.
• Season appropriate clothing
• All prices quoted are valid until 30th September 2021.
• Prices are quoted per person in NZ currency. They are inclusive of GST
• A minimum of two passengers are required for all Heliworks Queenstown scenic flights.
• Private Flight - We can make any of our standard scenic flights a private flight, please contact us for pricing.
• 24 hours notice must be given for cancellations otherwise a 50% charge will be required.
• Flights depart on demand and are subject to availability.
• Flights depart from either our base in Queenstown.
• Infants 3 and under are free of charge and are required to sit on an adults knee. Children 4-11 years of age are 70% of the full adult fare.
• Children must be accompanied by a full fare paying adult.
• For the purpose of aircraft weight and balance and in accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority rules and regulations, we require all passenger weights at the time of booking. Once we have received and reviewed this information we will be able to confirm the booking.
• We reserve the right to change prices at any time without further notice. However, if we have confirmed an advance booking the quoted price will not be altered.
• We accept EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard, AliPay and cash.
• We retain the right to charge a credit card surcharge on all transactions.
• For exclusive charter/group bookings we may require a 10% deposit to confirm. Any deposits are deducted from final payments and are not an additional charge. All deposits are NON REFUNDABLE from the time of payment unless a flight is cancelled due to weather conditions on the day.
"My first helicopter trip. Dave Butson was a superb pilot, skilled and gave us the ride of a lifetime. The new helicopter with huge windows all around was amazing. I was scared witless and it turned out to be one of the best experiences of my life. Thanks Dave and Heliworks!"