Spectacular views over Queenstown and The Remarkables
Fly over historic gold mining area – Skippers Canyon
Two scenic landings
It’s not called essential for nothing! This round trip takes you over the most iconic, must-see sites in the Queenstown area.
Heading down the Frankton Arm, we touch down on Cecil Peak for sweeping views of the lake, town, and surrounding mountains.
Back in the helicopter, we continue past Ben Lomond and into Moonlight Creek towards the famous Skippers Canyon. This area is steeped in the rich history of early gold miners – best viewed from above.
We follow the winding Shotover River canyon back home for one last landing before swinging past Coronet Peak before landing back at base.
Iconic sites – tick!
Private Charter Pricing
We have private charter rates available for our Squirrel helicopters, our twin-engine Squirrels and our 9-seater BK. Charters are a great option for bigger groups, or if you would like a more intimate experience.
• All prices quoted are valid until 30th September 2023.
• Prices are quoted per person in NZ currency. They are inclusive of GST.
• A minimum of two passengers are required for most scenic flights.
• We can make any of our standard scenic flights a private flight, please contact us for pricing.
• Any cancellations made within 24 hours of departure will incur a 50% cancellation fee. If passengers ‘no-show’ for a flight, 100% of the fare will apply. If we cannot operate due to weather and as a result, passengers are unable to fly, no cancellation fees will apply.
• In the event of COVID-19 restrictions, we will reschedule your booking, or if we cannot operate and as a result, passengers are unable to fly, no cancellation fees will apply.
• Flights depart on demand and are subject to availability.
• Flights depart from either our base in Queenstown.
• Infants 3 and under are free of charge. Children 4-11 years of age are 70% of the full adult fare.
• Children must be accompanied by a full fare paying adult.
• For the purpose of aircraft weight and balance and in accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority rules and regulations, we require all passenger weights at the time of booking. Once we have received and reviewed this information we will be able to confirm the booking.
• We reserve the right to change prices at any time without further notice. However, if we have confirmed an advance booking the quoted price will not be altered.
• We accept EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard and cash.
• We retain the right to charge a credit card surcharge on all transactions.
"My first helicopter trip. Dave Butson was a superb pilot, skilled and gave us the ride of a lifetime. The new helicopter with huge windows all around was amazing. I was scared witless and it turned out to be one of the best experiences of my life. Thanks Dave and Heliworks!"