Heliworks undertake all aspects of industrial and commercial helicopter work:
Heliworks provides a wealth of knowledge and experience in most types of commercial helicopter work:
- Our helicopters are capable of lifting up to 1 tonnes.
- Electric remote hooks and ground-to-air radios available as required.
- We can also use remote-controlled electric down-lines, which offer a safer operation and quicker turnaround.
- We are fully equipped with fire fighting equipment, including up to 1100 litre monsoon buckets with foam units.
- Most of our pilots have high altitude long line experience in places like Papua New Guinea, Indonesia and Canada. Working with mining and oil and gas exploration industries.
Examples of commercial helicopter work undertaken:
- Geophysical Survey work – attached stinger aeromag, bird towing, and ETEM loop towing
- Avalanche Control – reconnaissance, equipment & personnel transport and aerial bombing
- Search and Rescue including winch and long line recovery
- Coastal & Alpine Heli-transportation – personnel, supplies, equipment
- Industrial Lifting – buildings, vehicles, boats, concrete, equipment
- Aerial support for hunters, fishermen, recreational National Park users
- Rock and land slip clearance
- Fire fighting with monsoon bucket
- Supply drops
- Tourism Industry support – Promotional filming, transport for guided Heli-fishing, Heli-hunting & Heli-hiking
- Field work for NZ Department of Conservation
– Track & Hut Maintenance
– Auckland & Enderby Islands transport and supply drop
– Scientific Research support
- Transport and heavy lifting for International Tunnelling Project
- Media transport and aerial photographic projects
- Telephone and Radio Communications – alpine sites maintenance support
- Forestry Industry Support – transport & supplies, Heli-logging