Earnslaw Burn Explorer
1 Scenic Helicopter Experience – 2 Incredible Heli Landing Locations!
- Experience 2 landing locations
- Earnslaw Burn – see an immense wall of waterfalls and the blue ice of the hanging glacier, exclusive to Heliworks
- A second alpine landing
- Views of the historic Skippers Canyon
- Views of the head of Lake Wakatipu
- Blue ice hanging glacier and a wall of waterfalls
Bask in the beauty and serenity this area has to offer with these two incredible landing sites. This will be an unforgettable adventure!
This flight has been exclusively designed by Heliworks’ pilots to take you to our exclusive landing site – The Earnslaw Burn and then on to a second pilot’s choice alpine landing.
Depart Heliworks base through the Moonlight Saddle and over the Richardson Mountains to Mt Earnslaw and the mighty Earnslaw Burn.
Fly past the blue ice of the hanging glacier before descending to land on the valley floor, over 1,000 metres below!
Enjoy the tranquillity of this breath-taking location before getting back in the helicopter to continue your adventure across Lake Wakatipu for a second landing.
Returning along the lake towards Queenstown itself and landing back at our hangar.
*Includes a landing in the Earnslaw Burn that was featured on Travel Guides
**Please take note that during the winter months the Earnslaw Burn does not have as many fast flowing waterfalls compared to the spring/summer/autumn months. This is still a stunning and magical location even in the winter months however we would like you to be aware of this.
• Season appropriate clothing
• All prices quoted are valid until 30th September 2022.
• Prices are quoted per person in NZ currency. They are inclusive of GST
• A minimum of two passengers are required for most scenic flights.
• Private Flight - We can make any of our standard scenic flights a private flight, please contact us for pricing.
• Any cancellations made within 24 hours of departure will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
• In the event of COVID-19 restrictions, we will reschedule your booking, or if we cannot operate and as a result, passengers are unable to fly, no cancellation fees will apply.
• Flights depart on demand and are subject to availability.
• Flights depart from either our base in Queenstown.
• Infants 3 and under are free of charge and are required to sit on an adults knee. Children 4-11 years of age are 70% of the full adult fare.
• Children must be accompanied by a full fare paying adult.
• For the purpose of aircraft weight and balance and in accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority rules and regulations, we require all passenger weights at the time of booking. Once we have received and reviewed this information we will be able to confirm the booking.
• We reserve the right to change prices at any time without further notice. However, if we have confirmed an advance booking the quoted price will not be altered.
• We accept EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard, AliPay and cash.
• We retain the right to charge a credit card surcharge on all transactions.
"We absolutely loved the Earnslaw Exclusive experience which was the highlight of our honeymoon. Friendly staff more than willing to accomodate us with weather changes, great helicopter which we had to ourselves and pilot (Scott) who shared his local knowledge. We landed at a couple of secluded locations and the views were absolutely amazing. The highlight of 20 minutes within Earnslaw Burn was fantastic and an experience we will never forget! Thanks team!!"