Doubtful & Milford Sounds
A Scenic Helicopter Tour that takes in both Milford & Doubtful Sound:
- Fly over remote Doubtful Sound – the second longest fiord in New Zealand
- View iconic Milford Sound
- Campbell’s Kingdom – an incredible hidden valley
- Amazing views of high alpine lakes and tumbling waterfalls
- Landing at the exclusive Earnslaw Burn
If you really want to see Fiordland in all its beauty then this is the flight for you –the diversity of this special landscape will astound! Lift off from Heliworks base past the iconic Remarkables mountain range and across Lake Wakatipu to the South.
After crossing the scenic Mavora Lakes, the high peaks of Southern Fiordland come into view across Lake Te Anau – the largest lake in the South Island.
World Heritage Fiordland National Park now unfolds in front of you; with lush rainforest and towering mountains plummeting into the waters of Doubtful Sound itself. Keep an eye out for some of the abundant wildlife below you – dolphins and seals swimming in the ocean, with keas, kakas and hawks soaring above.
Fly over Doubtful Sound before turning into the hidden valley of Campbell’s Kingdom, almost prehistoric in its landscape and complete with a lake and waterfall!
Now fly north across the remote peaks and valleys of Fiordland towards Milford Sound.
See scenic Lake Quill and the mighty Sutherland Falls – New Zealand’s second highest waterfall and certainly one of the most impressive – and the rugged West Coast before Milford Sound takes us inland.
View Bowen Falls and Stirling Falls which cascade into Milford Sound, before climbing to Fiordland’s highest peak Mt Tutoko.
Cross the densely forested Hollyford Valley before we descend into one of our favourite and also exclusive landing sites – the Earnslaw Burn with its blue ice and its towering wall of waterfalls. Finally cross the Richardson Mountains and see the Shotover River below as you return to Heliworks in Queenstown.
*Includes a landing in the Earnslaw Burn that was recently featured on Travel Guides
$2770.00pp valid 01.10.20-30.09.21
• Season appropriate clothing
• Please wear closed toed shoes
• All prices quoted are valid until 30th September 2020.
• Prices are quoted per person in NZ currency. They are inclusive of GST
• A minimum of two passengers are required for all Heliworks Queenstown scenic flights.
• Private Flight - We can make any of our standard scenic flights a private flight but we would require that you pay for 3 seats in our EC120 or 5 seats in our AS350 Squirrel for us to guarantee this.
• 48 hours notice must be given for cancellations otherwise a 50% charge will be required.
• Flights depart on demand and are subject to availability.
• Flights depart from either our base in Queenstown or Aoraki/Mt Cook - please check the base location of your flight when booking.
• Infants 3 and under are free of charge and are required to sit on an adults knee. Children 4-12 years of age are 70% of the full adult fare.
• Children must be accompanied by a full fare paying adult.
• For the purpose of aircraft weight and balance and in accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority rules and regulations, we require all passenger weights at the time of booking. Once we have received and reviewed this information we will be able to confirm the booking.
• We reserve the right to change prices at any time without further notice. However, if we have confirmed an advance booking the quoted price will not be altered.
• We accept EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard, China UnionPay, AliPay and cash.
• We retain the right to charge a credit card surcharge on all transactions.
• For exclusive charter/group bookings we may require a 10% deposit to confirm. Any deposits are deducted from final payments and are not an additional charge. All deposits are NON REFUNDABLE from the time of payment unless a flight is cancelled due to weather conditions on the day.
"Absolutely stellar tour of Doubtful and Milford Sounds, landings in high alpine terrain, a glacier, and two separate spectacular private alcoves with multi thousand foot towering cliff walls and cascading waterfalls.
My dad and I had a wonderful trip that we will both treasure for the rest of our lives.