Doubtful & Milford Sounds
A Scenic Helicopter Tour that takes in both Milford & Doubtful Sound:
- Fly over remote Doubtful Sound – the second longest fiord in New Zealand
- View iconic Milford Sound
- Campbell’s Kingdom – an incredible hidden valley
- Amazing views of high alpine lakes and tumbling waterfalls
- Landing at the exclusive Earnslaw Burn
If you really want to see Fiordland in all its beauty then this is the flight for you –the diversity of this special landscape will astound! Lift off from Heliworks base past the iconic Remarkables mountain range and across Lake Wakatipu to the South.
After crossing the scenic Mavora Lakes, the high peaks of Southern Fiordland come into view across Lake Te Anau – the largest lake in the South Island.
World Heritage Fiordland National Park now unfolds in front of you; with lush rainforest and towering mountains plummeting into the waters of Doubtful Sound itself. Keep an eye out for some of the abundant wildlife below you – dolphins and seals swimming in the ocean, with keas, kakas and hawks soaring above.
Fly over Doubtful Sound before turning into the hidden valley of Campbell’s Kingdom, almost prehistoric in its landscape and complete with a lake and waterfall!
Now fly north across the remote peaks and valleys of Fiordland towards Milford Sound.
See scenic Lake Quill and the mighty Sutherland Falls – New Zealand’s second highest waterfall and certainly one of the most impressive – and the rugged West Coast before Milford Sound takes us inland.
View Bowen Falls and Stirling Falls which cascade into Milford Sound, before climbing to Fiordland’s highest peak Mt Tutoko.
Cross the densely forested Hollyford Valley before we descend into one of our favourite and also exclusive landing sites – the Earnslaw Burn with its blue ice and its towering wall of waterfalls. Finally cross the Richardson Mountains and see the Shotover River below as you return to Heliworks in Queenstown.
*Includes a landing in the Earnslaw Burn that was recently featured on Travel Guides.
Private Charter Pricing
We have private charter rates available for our Squirrel helicopters, our twin-engine Squirrels and our 9-seater BK. Charters are a great option for bigger groups, or if you would like a more intimate experience.
Find out more about our fleet here.
Pricing: 1 October 2023 – 30 September 2024
- Squirrel (up to 6 passengers depending on weights): $12,820
- Airbus H130 (up to 6 passengers depending on weights): $15,990
- Twin-engine Squirrel (up to 6 passengers depending on weights): $15,990
- BK (up to 9 passengers depending on weights): $23,620
• Season appropriate clothing
• Please wear closed toed shoes
• All prices quoted are valid until 30th September 2024.
• Prices are quoted per person in NZ currency. They are inclusive of GST.
• A minimum of two passengers are required for most scenic flights.
• Any cancellations made within 24 hours of departure will incur a 50% cancellation fee. If passengers ‘no-show’ for a flight, 100% of the fare will apply. If we cannot operate due to weather and as a result, passengers are unable to fly, no cancellation fees will apply.
• Flights depart on demand and are subject to availability.
• Flights depart from our base in Queenstown.
• Children and infants must be accompanied by a full fare paying adult.
• For the purpose of aircraft weight and balance and in accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority rules and regulations, we require all passenger weights at the time of booking. Once we have received and reviewed this information we will be able to confirm the booking.
• We reserve the right to change prices at any time without further notice. However, if we have confirmed an advance booking the quoted price will not be altered.
• We accept EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard and cash.
• A 2% surcharge will apply to all credit and contactless transactions. There is no surcharge for EFTPOS or debit cards that are inserted or swiped.
"Absolutely stellar tour of Doubtful and Milford Sounds, landings in high alpine terrain, a glacier, and two separate spectacular private alcoves with multi thousand foot towering cliff walls and cascading waterfalls.
My dad and I had a wonderful trip that we will both treasure for the rest of our lives.