This is the Ultimate Helicopter Tour of Fiordland:
- Views of iconic Milford Sound
- High alpine lake landing and glacier landing – subject to weather
- Sutherland Falls – the second highest waterfall in Fiordland National Park
- The Earnslaw Burn – exclusive landing site to Heliworks
- See the blue ice of a hanging glacier and an immense wall of waterfalls
This flight will be a trip of a lifetime!
We will show you the best of the World Heritage Fiordland region; from high alpine lakes and mighty waterfalls, to the coastal fiords and glaciers that make this area so famous.
Your flight will start over Ben Lomond and the Richardson Mountains, then past Glenorchy at the head of Lake Wakatipu.
You will fly over spectacular mountain peaks and the pristine blue waters of Lake Erskine, before continuing to the source of the Sutherland Falls, scenic Lake Quill.
From here we will head towards the rugged West Coast and then fly up Milford Sound itself past iconic Mitre Peak.
Now heading towards Mt Tutoko, the highest peak in Fiordland before landing at the Earnslaw Burn – this location is exclusive to Heliworks and is simply breathtaking. Land on the valley floor with the hanging glacier above you and magnificent waterfalls cascading down the valley walls.
Finally return to Queenstown with views of Skippers Canyon with its rich gold-mining history before landing back at our hangar.
*Includes a landing in the Earnslaw Burn that was recently featured on Travel Guides
**Please take note that during the winter months the Earnslaw Burn does not have as many fast flowing waterfalls compared to the spring/summer/autumn months. This is still a stunning and magical location even in the winter months however we would like you to be aware of this.
$1535.00pp valid 01.10.19-30.09.20
$1555.00pp valid 01.10.20-30.09.21
• Season appropriate clothing
• Please wear closed toed shoes
• All prices quoted are valid until 30th September 2019.
• Prices are quoted per person in NZ currency. They are inclusive of GST
• A minimum of two passengers are required for all Heliworks Queenstown scenic flights.
• Private Flight - We can make any of our standard scenic flights a private flight but we would require that you pay for 3 seats in our EC120 or 5 seats in our AS350 Squirrel for us to guarantee this.
• 48 hours notice must be given for cancellations otherwise a 50% charge will be required.
• Flights depart on demand and are subject to availability.
• Flights depart from either our base in Queenstown or Aoraki/Mt Cook - please check the base location of your flight when booking.
• Infants 3 and under are free of charge and are required to sit on an adults knee. Children 4-12 years of age are 70% of the full adult fare.
• Children must be accompanied by a full fare paying adult.
• For the purpose of aircraft weight and balance and in accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority rules and regulations, we require all passenger weights at the time of booking. Once we have received and reviewed this information we will be able to confirm the booking.
• We reserve the right to change prices at any time without further notice. However, if we have confirmed an advance booking the quoted price will not be altered.
• We accept EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard, China UnionPay, AliPay and cash.
• We retain the right to charge a credit card surcharge on all transactions.
• For exclusive charter/group bookings we may require a 10% deposit to confirm. Any deposits are deducted from final payments and are not an additional charge. All deposits are NON REFUNDABLE from the time of payment unless a flight is cancelled due to weather conditions on the day.
"We spent 3 weeks in the stunning South Island but nothing rivalled the life changing experience of our Fiordland's Finest helicopter flight with Heliworks and our superb pilot, Dave.
From our bird's eye view we spent over 2 hours unable to utter a word at the incredible beauty and magnificence of the landscape"