Ultimate Helicopter Tour of Fiordland
- Bird’s eye view of Milford Sound
- High alpine lake landing and glacier landing – (weather permitting)
- Views of Lake Quill and Sutherland Falls – the second highest waterfall in Fiordland National Park at 580m/1,900 ft
- A landing in the Earnslaw Burn – our exclusive landing site
- Our signature experience – an experience of a lifetime
The famous Fiordland region is a World Heritage Site. Filled with pristine alpine lakes, roaring waterfalls, glaciers, fjords and rugged mountains, this area has it all – and with three stunning landings; and alpine lake, glacier and in the stunning Earnslaw Burn, you will experience it all on this incredible journey.
Our adventure begins out of Queenstown, flying over Ben Lomond and the Richardson Mountains, past rustic Glenorchy village, and continuing high up in the alps to picturesque Lake Erskine.
Next we head to the source of the mighty Sutherland Falls. Lake Quill feeds this monstrous waterfall, with a drop of 580m/1,900 ft and a very loud roar to match.
Milford Sound is calling. Leaving the falls, we skip over to the rugged West Coast, sweeping past iconic Mitre Peak. From here we make a beeline towards Mt Tutoko – the highest peak in Fiordland – before circling back to land at the Earnslaw Burn.
With a hanging glacier overhead, and waterfalls cascading down around you, the Earnslaw Burn is a sight to behold. Even in winter when many of the waterfalls have frozen dry, the glacier swells with fresh, dazzling snowfall. It’s a magical place.
This is our final stop before we fly back home, passing over the historic gold mining sites of Skippers Canyon.
Didn’t we say this trip has it all?
Things to know
- During winter, the Earnslaw Burn does not have many fast flowing waterfalls compared to the spring/summer/autumn months. It is still stunning and magical to visit in winter, however we would like you to be aware of this.
Private Charter Pricing
We have private charter rates available for our Squirrel helicopters, our twin-engine Squirrels and our 9-seater BK. Charters are a great option for bigger groups, or if you would like a more intimate experience.
Find out more about our fleet here.
- Squirrel (up to 6 passengers depending on weights): $7,675
- Twin-engine Squirrel (up to 6 passengers depending on weights): $9,210
- BK (up to 9 passengers depending on weights): $12,280
Pricing: 1 October 2023 – 30 September 2024
Shared with others
Adult (12+): $1,690pp
Child (3 – 11): $1,185pp
Infant (0-2): $845pp
- Squirrel (up to 6 passengers depending on weights): $8,450
- Airbus H130 (up to 6 passengers depending on weights): $10,140
- Twin-engine Squirrel (up to 6 passengers depending on weights): $10,140
- BK (up to 9 passengers depending on weights): $13,520
• Season appropriate clothing
• Please wear closed toed shoes
• All prices quoted are valid until 30th September 2023.
• Prices are quoted per person in NZ currency. They are inclusive of GST.
• A minimum of two passengers are required for most scenic flights.
• We can make any of our standard scenic flights a private flight, please contact us for pricing.
• Any cancellations made within 24 hours of departure will incur a 50% cancellation fee. If passengers ‘no-show’ for a flight, 100% of the fare will apply. If we cannot operate due to weather and as a result, passengers are unable to fly, no cancellation fees will apply.
• In the event of COVID-19 restrictions, we will reschedule your booking, or if we cannot operate and as a result, passengers are unable to fly, no cancellation fees will apply.
• Flights depart on demand and are subject to availability.
• Flights depart from either our base in Queenstown.
• Infants 3 and under are free of charge. Children 4-11 years of age are 70% of the full adult fare.
• Children must be accompanied by a full fare paying adult.
• For the purpose of aircraft weight and balance and in accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority rules and regulations, we require all passenger weights at the time of booking. Once we have received and reviewed this information we will be able to confirm the booking.
• We reserve the right to change prices at any time without further notice. However, if we have confirmed an advance booking the quoted price will not be altered.
• We accept EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard and cash.
• A 3% surcharge will apply to all credit and contactless transactions. There is no surcharge for EFTPOS or debit cards that are inserted or swiped.
"We spent 3 weeks in the stunning South Island but nothing rivalled the life changing experience of our Fiordland's Finest helicopter flight with Heliworks and our superb pilot, Dave.
From our bird's eye view we spent over 2 hours unable to utter a word at the incredible beauty and magnificence of the landscape"