Doubtful Sound Discovery
Discover the beauty of Doubtful Sound with Heliworks:
- Discover Doubtful Sound – the second longest fiord in New Zealand
- Spot native NZ wildlife
- View high alpine lakes and cascading waterfalls
- Campbell’s Kingdom – incredible hidden valley
- Alpine landing, overlooking Queenstown
Remote and spectacular, Doubtful Sound is less visited than its more popular counterpart Milford Sound but we think that makes it even more special.
Your scenic helicopter flight will start by taking you across Lake Wakatipu with a bird’s eye view of Queenstown before we cross the Mavora Lakes to Lake Te Anau.
World Heritage Fiordland National Park now unfolds in front of you as we soar over Doubtful Sound itself.
Magnificent alpine mountain peaks tower above the pristine waters of this exceptional corner of New Zealand.
Dolphins and seals reside along the shoreline and numerous birds rise above, from wood pigeons and hawks to the indigenous keas and kakas.
Now we circle into the hidden valley of Campbell’s Kingdom, with a distinctly prehistoric appearance and complete with lake and waterfall – a really spectacular place!
Return to the Heliworks base over the mountains of southwest Fiordland, with countless alpine lakes, and views of Lake Manapouri – the lake of many islands.
Your final stop before arriving back at base is an alpine landing for a bird’s eye view of Queenstown and the Wakatipu basin. An adventure you will never forget!
• Season appropriate clothing
• Please wear closed toed shoes
• All prices quoted are valid until 30th September 2022.
• Prices are quoted per person in NZ currency. They are inclusive of GST
• A minimum of two passengers are required for most scenic flights.
• Private Flight - We can make any of our standard scenic flights a private flight, please contact us for pricing.
• Any cancellations made within 24 hours of departure will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
• In the event of COVID-19 restrictions, we will reschedule your booking, or if we cannot operate and as a result, passengers are unable to fly, no cancellation fees will apply.
• Flights depart on demand and are subject to availability.
• Flights depart from either our base in Queenstown.
• Infants 3 and under are free of charge and are required to sit on an adults knee. Children 4-11 years of age are 70% of the full adult fare.
• Children must be accompanied by a full fare paying adult.
• For the purpose of aircraft weight and balance and in accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority rules and regulations, we require all passenger weights at the time of booking. Once we have received and reviewed this information we will be able to confirm the booking.
• We reserve the right to change prices at any time without further notice. However, if we have confirmed an advance booking the quoted price will not be altered.
• We accept EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard, AliPay and cash.
• We retain the right to charge a credit card surcharge on all transactions.
"The Heliworks staff maintain the highest level of customer service and professionalism and everything from booking the flight through to your return landing is efficient and easy."
~ Trip Advisor