Doubtful Sound Discovery
Discover the beauty of Doubtful Sound with Heliworks:
- Discover Doubtful Sound – the second longest fiord in New Zealand
- Spot native NZ wildlife
- View high alpine lakes and cascading waterfalls
- Campbell’s Kingdom – incredible hidden valley
- Alpine landing, overlooking Queenstown
Remote and spectacular, Doubtful Sound is less visited than its more popular counterpart Milford Sound but we think that makes it even more special.
Your scenic helicopter flight will start by taking you across Lake Wakatipu with a bird’s eye view of Queenstown before we cross the Mavora Lakes to Lake Te Anau.
World Heritage Fiordland National Park now unfolds in front of you as we soar over Doubtful Sound itself. Magnificent alpine mountain peaks tower above the pristine waters of this exceptional corner of New Zealand. Dolphins and seals reside along the shoreline and numerous birds rise above, from wood pigeons and hawks to the indigenous keas and kakas.
Now we circle into the hidden valley of Campbell’s Kingdom, with a distinctly prehistoric appearance and complete with lake and waterfall – a really spectacular place!
Return to the Heliworks base over the mountains of southwest Fiordland, with countless alpine lakes, and views of Lake Manapouri – the lake of many islands.
Your final stop before arriving back at base is an alpine landing for a bird’s eye view of Queenstown and the Wakatipu basin. An adventure you will never forget!
Private Charter Pricing
We have private charter rates available for our Squirrel helicopters, our twin-engine Squirrels and our 9-seater BK. Charters are a great option for bigger groups, or if you would like a more intimate experience.
Find out more about our fleet here.
Pricing: 1 October 2023 – 30 September 2024
- Squirrel (up to 6 passengers depending on weights): $9,570
- Airbus H130 (up to 6 passengers depending on weights): $12,260
- Twin-engine Squirrel (up to 6 passengers depending on weights): $12,260
- BK (up to 9 passengers depending on weights): $18,310
• Season appropriate clothing
• Please wear closed toed shoes
• All prices quoted are valid until 30th September 2024.
• Prices are quoted per person in NZ currency. They are inclusive of GST.
• A minimum of two passengers are required for most scenic flights.
• Any cancellations made within 24 hours of departure will incur a 50% cancellation fee. If passengers ‘no-show’ for a flight, 100% of the fare will apply. If we cannot operate due to weather and as a result, passengers are unable to fly, no cancellation fees will apply.
• Flights depart on demand and are subject to availability.
• Flights depart from our base in Queenstown.
• Children and infants must be accompanied by a full fare paying adult.
• For the purpose of aircraft weight and balance and in accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority rules and regulations, we require all passenger weights at the time of booking. Once we have received and reviewed this information we will be able to confirm the booking.
• We reserve the right to change prices at any time without further notice. However, if we have confirmed an advance booking the quoted price will not be altered.
• We accept EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard and cash.
• A 2% surcharge will apply to all credit and contactless transactions. There is no surcharge for EFTPOS or debit cards that are inserted or swiped.
"The Heliworks staff maintain the highest level of customer service and professionalism and everything from booking the flight through to your return landing is efficient and easy."
~ Trip Advisor