Milford Sound Heli-Cruise-Heli & Earnslaw Burn
The ultimate Milford Sound experience!
- See remote Fiordland valleys, forests, waterfalls and lakes
- Fly over Milford Sound and view the scenery from the air
- Get up close to the sheer cliffs of Milford Sound on a boat cruise
- Land in our exclusive landing location, the Earnslaw Burn
Join Heliworks for the trip of a lifetime to Milford Sound! Fly past rainforest covered valleys and spectacular alpine lakes as you enjoy this world-famous area from the sky before landing in Milford Sound. You’ll see breathtaking cliffs from the water, cruise past the iconic Mitre Peak and enjoy the incredible views this location is famous for.
On arrival in Milford Sound, you will join one of partners for a cruise. During your cruise, you will see the Hanging Gardens and Fairy and Stirling Falls. You might also get to see some of the local wildlife, like New Zealand fur seals, dolphins and the very rare Fiordland crested penguin (spring/early summer).
On your journey home via helicopter, enjoy a landing in the iconic Earnslaw Burn. The Earnslaw Burn truly is New Zealand’s best-kept secret. Here you’ll see some of the most spectacular scenery our country offers. A meandering glacier-fed river, an array of wildlife, tussock, speargrass, and countless waterfalls. But the best bit is the mighty Earnslaw Glacier, which hangs above you at over 1,000 ft.
The Earnslaw Burn has been featured on:
Private Charter Pricing
We have private charter rates available for our Squirrel helicopters, our twin-engine Squirrels and our 9-seater BK. Charters are a great option for bigger groups, or if you would like a more intimate experience.
Find out more about our fleet here.
Pricing: 1 October 2023 – 30 September 2024
Shared with others
Adult (12+): $1,685pp
Child (3 – 11): $1,180pp
Infant (0-2): $845pp
- Squirrel (up to 6 passengers depending on weights): $8,425
- Airbus H130 (up to 6 passengers depending on weights): $10,110
- Twin-engine Squirrel (up to 6 passengers depending on weights): $10,110
- BK (up to 9 passengers depending on weights): $13,480
• Season appropriate clothing
• Please wear closed toed shoes
• All prices quoted are valid until 30th September 2024.
• Prices are quoted per person in NZ currency. They are inclusive of GST.
• A minimum of two passengers are required for most scenic flights.
• Any cancellations made within 24 hours of departure will incur a 50% cancellation fee. If passengers ‘no-show’ for a flight, 100% of the fare will apply. If we cannot operate due to weather and as a result, passengers are unable to fly, no cancellation fees will apply.
• Flights depart on demand and are subject to availability.
• Flights depart from our base in Queenstown.
• Children and infants must be accompanied by a full fare paying adult.
• For the purpose of aircraft weight and balance and in accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority rules and regulations, we require all passenger weights at the time of booking. Once we have received and reviewed this information we will be able to confirm the booking.
• We reserve the right to change prices at any time without further notice. However, if we have confirmed an advance booking the quoted price will not be altered.
• We accept EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard and cash.
• A 2% surcharge will apply to all credit and contactless transactions. There is no surcharge for EFTPOS or debit cards that are inserted or swiped.
"We took the fly-cruise-fly trip from Heliworks. There are other lot of cheaper options of doing similar trips on planes available and we were initially wondering whether paying the extra bit was worth it. IT certainly was.
The landings were breathtaking - which you couldn't do on a plane ride. We just took in the breathtaking views. Just an amazing trip delivered by a group of amazing people."
~ Trip Advisor