It’s all about perspective. Sometimes you want to see it all from the top, taking in all the majesty of the terrain below. But sometimes you want to stand at the bottom of it all, looking up and marvelling at the power of it. This trip gives you both.
Starting in Queenstown, you fly over the Richardson Mountain Range, making a beeline for the West Coast. Together we crest endless alpine peaks, careen down forest-lined valleys, and soar across alpine lakes, with a landing that will take your breath away.
Breaking through the formidable alps, Milford Sound appears in all her perfectly stated glory. You’ll understand why this area is so famous as we glide past the crown jewel – Mitre Peak.
We land here, allowing you to swap from a bird’s eye view to the dolphin’s view! Joining one of our Cruise Partners,you’ll glide along the water, feeling small beneath the behemoth cliffs framing the fjord. The cruise will take you up close and personal to the Hanging Gardens, Fairy Falls and Stirling Falls. And if you’re lucky you’ll meet some of the locals – Fur Seals, dolphins and the rare Fiordland Crested Penguin (spring/early summer).
After the cruise you’re back in the chopper for a stunning ride home.
Private Charter Pricing
We have private charter rates available for our Squirrel helicopters, our twin-engine Squirrels and our 9-seater BK. Charters are a great option for bigger groups, or if you would like a more intimate experience.
• All prices quoted are valid until 30th September 2023.
• Prices are quoted per person in NZ currency. They are inclusive of GST.
• A minimum of two passengers are required for most scenic flights.
• We can make any of our standard scenic flights a private flight, please contact us for pricing.
• Any cancellations made within 24 hours of departure will incur a 50% cancellation fee. If passengers ‘no-show’ for a flight, 100% of the fare will apply. If we cannot operate due to weather and as a result, passengers are unable to fly, no cancellation fees will apply.
• In the event of COVID-19 restrictions, we will reschedule your booking, or if we cannot operate and as a result, passengers are unable to fly, no cancellation fees will apply.
• Flights depart on demand and are subject to availability.
• Flights depart from either our base in Queenstown.
• Infants 3 and under are free of charge. Children 4-11 years of age are 70% of the full adult fare.
• Children must be accompanied by a full fare paying adult.
• For the purpose of aircraft weight and balance and in accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority rules and regulations, we require all passenger weights at the time of booking. Once we have received and reviewed this information we will be able to confirm the booking.
• We reserve the right to change prices at any time without further notice. However, if we have confirmed an advance booking the quoted price will not be altered.
• We accept EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard and cash.
• A 3% surcharge will apply to all credit and contactless transactions. There is no surcharge for EFTPOS or debit cards that are inserted or swiped.